Education is a way to success in life.
Future Stars High School is an English Medium Co –Educational school for the Boys and Girls founded by Mrs. Manju Karki. The school opened its gates to its first set of pupils on 12th February 1981.
The school was borne out of a quest to train the students to become useful citizens of their Motherland as well as to form in them the habits of virtue , discipline and self efficiency. Starting with 150 happy children in a modest four roomed classrooms with 8 teachers, the school grew very quickly in size and reputation and is today a well reputed institution. The loving care of the founder and the untiring efforts of the teachers has led the school to achieve the heights that it is today .Then as the year glided by the strength of the school also began to increase and this demanded sufficient space and other facilities for the proper upbringing of the students. As the need arose, Mrs. Karki there on began the construction work of new buildings and today we have a full fledge four buildings showing off its elegance and grandness with its head high in the heart of Jawalakhel. The school is equipped with all the facilities that are necessary to impart quality education to the students. To name a few- Science Laboratories (Physics, Chemistry and Biology), A Library, Computer Lab, etc have added to the overall development of a child to view at things from a wider perspective. At present we are having well trained and experienced teaching staffs who are working together in harmony under the guidance of the principal Mrs. Manju Karki. Overwhelming response since its beginning can be witnessed from its number of students that is increasing day by day. For the convenience of the students staying at far off places, school buses are allotted. Therefore, from the initial number of 150 students to the present existing number is obviously an achievement for the school. The utmost dedication and hard work of the management, principal, teachers and the best effort of the students have brought laurels to the school in every sphere. Beside academic activities great encouragement is given to the students in the fields of co curricular activities.
Throughout these years, the interest and spirit of the students are kept up with the engaging competition like sports, quiz, painting, inter-class debate and speech competition’s etc. At present, the overall performance of the school is excellent and it’s a pride to mention here that our school is counted among the best schools of Nepal.
Our Mission Statement Our mission is to develop young men and women with active and creative minds, to develop a sense of understanding and compassion for others. In addition to academic excellence we inculcate the virtues of adherence to truth and discipline and improve their lives through learning to reach greater heights.
- To create a happy school environment in which each child will feel he/she has a place and purpose and will develop a willingness to learn.
- To help children understand that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others are very important values.
- To ensure that each child acquires worthwhile attitudes, values and beliefs.
- To encourage appreciation of life through music, drama and creative arts.
- To help all children acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities and the will to use these well.
- To ensure a command for spoken and written English and so they develop the ability to communicate fluently with other people.
- To develop and apply the skills of Information technology.
- To awaken scientific curiosity, environmental interest and technical skills.
- To develop an awareness and appreciation of our local and national heritage through historical, geographical and religious studies.
- To provide for involvement in and enjoyment of a range of physical activities.
- To establish a purposeful environment within in which the school staff and parents can work together for the benefit of the children in the successful achievement of these aims.
- To engage Parents about their children’s learning through regular consultation and meetings.
Each of the above areas is led and managed by a specific member of staff. Each subject has a policy that outlines key features of the learning process. We also have a number of policies covering various aspects of school life.
Special Educational Needs
From time to time children may need extra help and support if they are experiencing difficulties in a particular curriculum area or with behavior. We identify learning difficulties early in the children and work in very small groups for set periods until the difficulty is overcome.
We believe that much can be gained from ‘on site visits’ and each class teacher periodically arranges school visits, which usually form an integral part of the children’s work. Through the educational visit we also build a bonding with the other community and we teach our children the key to success lies in “Sharing and Caring. “
Every year students of class 10 as a part of their curriculum go for their educational tour with sufficient amount of staff and teachers to see to their safety and basic necessities during their tour.